Sunday, March 21, 2010

Birthdays

This is Victoria (we call her Tori) holding Jack. No, folks, that's not Cyndi, although, they could pass for twins, I'll tell you.
Jack is now walking, but still prefers crawling because he can go faster. Here he is playing with a puzzle while watching his mama, who is never out of his sight. He's at that clingy stage that none of her other children went through.

Jonah -- what a sweet boy. Quiet. Doesn't seem to get into the fray of things. Almost always smiling. When he smiles his eyes smile as well. In this picture he's concentrating on watching Jack put together a puzzle -- not so well, on Jack's part, I might add.


Jack getting used to me-mom.



Isn't that just a precious picture?


I do love granchildren birthdays. I love them because I get to see and enjoy the children for a couple of hours, mostly at my house, because my own children realize that my days of traveling to them are about over.


So, Alan and I were privileged to celebrate two more March birthdays yesterday. The birthdays were --- drum roll please -- Ellie May's, who is now three, can you believe that? And, Jack's. He's one already. Where did the year go?


Cyndi brought the children over -- Tori, Adam, Jonah, Ellie Mae, and Jack (Shandon 2.0 did not come, as he was fishing with Shandon 1.0). Hey, I just did something remarkable! I remembered all six of their names! Yes, folks, remembering is not one of my strong points any more.
I didn't mention that Ellie May was born on March 20, while Jack was born on March 18 -- in different years, of course. And I didn't mention either that the big birthday party was going to be on Saturday night, but since I have such difficulty getting into Cyndi's beautiful house on most days, she brought the children to me. They stayed until Jack got fussy, and then they left.
I love those children. And I am always so surprised when I see them, especially Adam and Jonah, because they are getting so tall. And, Shandon 2.0 is driving now. Can you believe that? A few more weeks and he'll be on his own, and Cyndi can send HIM to the store to get the MILK. Ah, yes, I remember it well. A child gets a driver's license and mom uses that child for shuttle service, no longer having to provide it herself. Thing is, in KY, you can only have ONE friend in the car with you until you're 18. But you can have family members in the car with you. So shuttling family is still a possibility.
Did I mention that the porch is being using more and more each day? I even got Alan to go out and sit in the sun for about 10 minutes yesterday. But, today, he's back in his "let Judi do it, so I don't have to walk anywhere" mode. Need to get him walking. The more he walks the better he gets at it!
ttfn

No comments: