Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday (Good or bad?)

Well, it started out with: "Judi, Help! I can't walk." That's bad! Especially since Judi couldn't walk at that point either. It was before pain meds. I did my best, though. Alan was kinda stuck in MY recliner. He told me he had called me several times, but I was dead to the world and didn't hear him. This was at 8:00 a.m. That's what time I got up today.

And it's a beautiful day. That's good. The sun is shining, the porch is wide open, other windows are open, and we're sneezing like mad. That's bad. But I refuse to close the windows until I feel the fresh air has freshened the house enough and gotten rid of the stale odors from the winter. That might take a while.

Back to Alan. I got him up and into the bathroom, and he hobbled back to his chair (MY chair) and collapsed into it. Around 11 a.m., not too long ago, I got him to his walker (MY walker actually) and pointed him toward his office. He made it to his desk chair without falling. That's good.

I went back to the other end of the house and took a shower. Now I'm in my office letting my hair air dry, and writing this BLOG. I am also reading three-day's worth of back LOG BLOGS. Ha, ha.

Tonight I'm going to church with friends of mine. That's good. It was going to be Alan and me (or is it "I"), but he can't walk, so that's out of the question.

I get to go to church so infrequently (that's bad) because of the walking thing, but sometimes, the old church is opened for special occasions, and it's only a few steps to the back row of seats, which I can handle. I just can't do a marathon on Sunday mornings to get to the place where they have the services now (it's in a very large high school). And another church we sometimes attend has pews that really hurt my back. I know that's a dumb reason for not going to church, but when the pain gets to level 11 -- that's above the regular pain scale -- before the sermon, it doesn't seem worth it to me.

This Sunday we're going to visit our daughter in Indiana and go to her church -- again a few short steps to the back row. We're just going for church, no meals. That's good.

ttfn

No comments: