Friday, April 30, 2010

Almost May

It's almost May ALREADY. I can't believe it. It seems like just a few days ago we were digging out from massive amounts of snow, and that snow stuck around for a long time because it was so cold. Now the trees are so beautiful and green, as is the grass. The April gold is gone but new plants are blooming, and the birds are just chirping away. My aviary is getting noisier every day. I love it.

From my sun porch, the full bloomed trees are hiding all the other buildings in our small community, and even my pool is obscured by the trees. My, how the trees have grown this year! I wish you all could come see how beautiful it is here.

Oh, it's not beauty like at the beach, or the mountains, but for a the hill-country of Kentucky, it's beautiful.

I've started reading Karen Kingsbury's book, Take One. My daughter, Cyndi, put me onto her books many years ago, and I read them avaricely to get caught up. I probably read about 12 of them in quick succession. Then because I was caught up, I didn't read her books nor did I hunt them out in Kroger's. Now, the Kindle offered Take One as a free book (to get me hooked on this series) and so I "bought" it and I'm reading it. I had forgotten how she puts on almost every page some scripture and weaves it into the story. This book reminded me that I shouldn't be worrying about Phil's job, that God has a plan for him and will accomplish it in His timing, not ours. I have to remember that. I think I get as down in the dumps about Phil's working condition as he does, and I should just leave it in God's hands. I think I've been nagging God a lot about Phil and his inability to find work. Who knows? Maybe God wants a person with a brilliant mind like Phil's to be used as a manager at McDonalds. God can use him anywhere.

It's just such a beautiful day today, I want to be outside on my porch. The wind is pretty fierce, though. It knocked over my pot of tulips that was on the table, but the wind is a warm wind and it's supposed to be pretty warm today, and then tomorrow -- RAIN again. I guess I shouldn't complain about the rain because I know that when summer gets here I'll be ready to plant cactuses because of the lack of rain.

You all keep praying for Phil, please. Pray for his spirit, his mind, and also for Amy. Those two kids (adults) are really getting lower and lower in mind and spirit each day. The hopelessness of their situation is wearing on them. All I know is that God loves that family, and that family loves God, and whatever God is doing with them He will be glorified richly in the end.

Jerimiah 29:12 says Ye shall call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

God is there and He is listening and He will take care of me and mine.

ttfn

No comments: