Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday, April 27

My house smells so nice. It's been smelling not so nice the past few days. The trash built up and today my dear cleaner is here spreading her joy and glee all around the house. Yes, she also sings. So cute.

I would paste her picture here, but I don't think she'd like that. She's just the most cheerful person and her presence cheers me up.

It's still cloudy and gray, but not raining. Where is that sun that was promised us? I want to see it, feel it, enjoy it.

Alan is hobbling today, and is hurting from residual shingles. Why? Well, he hasn't been taking his meds! I hate when he does that. If he'd only take what he's supposed to take, he'd feel so much better. I don't understand his thinking on some of his reluctance to take the medicine. I understand his reluctance to take the pills we know can be addictive, but his shingles medicine? I don't get it. Enough of my whining about his medicine. I need to move on. If he's miserable, he's miserable. Just don't take me with him, you know what I mean?

The last of my clothes and Alan's clothes came today. I ordered us some new undies and over-ies (not the woman's egg producers, but what is commonly known as outer wear) for our trip. I'm so excited. It's the first time in almost two years that I've bought us any new clothes. The rags we've been calling underwear would be an embarrassment if we ever had an accident.

You know: Mom always told us to wear clean undies because you never knew if you were going to be in an accident, and you certainly didn't want a stranger, medi-vac, person seeing your dirty underwear.

Moms are so -- oh, I don't know -- blunt?

I'm a mom. I'm blunt.

The diner reservations can't be made until after 5:30 tonight. The lady that does that isn't in until that time. We can't actually eat in the diner and have to eat in a room above the new sports bar. I'm told that we can order from the diner menu if we want. So, I think we will. It's less expensive than the sports bar menu. Having a private room will be a blessing because we can walk around, talk to each other, be as noisy as we want, and stay as long as we want. Well, almost as long as we want. The servers will have to be paid and will want to clean up the room before their shift if over, I'm sure. But basically we won't be kicked out if we want to stick around for more than an hour after we're served.

So, I'm moving along with getting everything set up and ready, and I've even started packing. Can you believe that? I'm taking a box of scrapbooking stuff for the kiddies to use while we're there. They should have fun just sticking the sticker on their books.

Well, folks, it's ttfn. Back at you later this week.

ttfn

2 comments:

Lori said...

I told the kids about the scrapbooking stuff and Madie said, "Wow! I'm going to have to thank her!". :-) Just ordered the last of our clothes too. Pete's not getting any, but the kids and I are. Yay!! The planning for this has been so fun!

Amy said...

I really need to get started thinking about and planning for the trip. I haven't done anything yet. Good thing we've still got a couple weeks.