Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring has bloomed






It's Easter Sunday, 2010, a day for celebrating the fact that our Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead and is seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven.
Aside from this day of celebration of Christ's resurrection, I was noticing today that the trees are all in blossom -- a cause for celebration. Now, this was not so three days ago. We've had unseasonably warm weather the past few days, and I suppose that's what has caused the beautiful trees to strut their stuff.




The birds are still tweeting and building their nests and flitting from tree to tree. Today I saw a cardinal, a robin, a blue bird, and a blue jay. I also saw a few sparrows. All are living in these trees and building up for the birth of their babies. Soon, there will more noise than I want to think about when all those baby birds are squawking for their breakfast at 5:30 a.m. But, that's okay. I certainly do enjoy this time of year.
You all know that I love snow, and I relish the Winter in its time, but I welcome Spring. Summer? Not so much, except that the pool is open and I can go down there and swim and get my daily dose of Vitamin D if I'm so inclined. Then comes Autumn, another season I look forward to, because it's so pretty. This Autumn, I'm going to the Shenandoah area of Virginia with my sister and cousin (in October), without Alan, and I'm going to enjoy the beauty of the trees up close and person. Something I'm looking forward to.
I'll stop for now. And get back to my scrapbook overstock party set up. That's tomorrow night. I hope lots of ladies come and buy up all this stuff that's been taking over my office for three years now. I'll keep only a little bit of what I have left, and get ride of most of it. I have so many freebies as well (hostess gifts I never gave away).
So -- ttfn.

1 comment:

Lori said...

What a beautiful view!!! Love those blooming trees. Bradford Pear trees? Have a blessed Easter, Aunt Judi!