Friday, April 9, 2010

Report on Alan

Well, Alan is really pushing his walking, which is a good thing. Yesterday, he went to PT and did very well. He was even willing to go Walgreen's shopping afterward, but I put the kibosh on that because he was wobbling pretty badly, and he had been out with his best friend for three hours prior to that.

He had a shot (Interferon) last night, and did NOT have any bad effects from it. No more wobbly that normal, he said. Good for him!

I had a horrible night, pain wise, but I'm able to hobble around today. I have so much to do in my office. It's just piled high with junk, empty bins, books, etc. So, I'm going to push through the pain, and get some work done today on getting this room back in order.

One of the original residents of our small community is moving to an assisted living facility today. Ned Barnes is a funny man and has kept us all laughing, even through times of loss. We lost his wife, Betty, four years ago, and that was terribly sad for all of us, because Betty was one of the go-getters, and arrangers for our various parties. Her "heritage" was continued through the auspices of "The Chain Gang", for which, we all are thankful.

And, did I mention that today is a beautiful fall-like day? It's cool, but sunny, and for me, perfect weather. I prefer the cool to the heat. The trees are so beautiful now, the leaves are a light green, getting closer to the dark green they will become when they are full-grown. And the flowering trees are in full bloom. I'm loving it.

I sat out in the sun room for several hours this morning, and listened to the birdies tweeting, and just enjoyed the view.

The window cleaners are coming either today or tomorrow so I'll be able to see out my many windows much better after that spring chore is finished.

ttfn

No comments: