Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yesterday's rant, today is forgotten

I'm over it, it think. Crazy, greedy people.

I went to the doc today. Nothing new. Still the same old, same old. I'll be a cripple the rest of my life. Oh, she told me I could get my stomach stapled -- I DON'T THINK SO! You see if I lose weight, I can get a new knee. And I was well on my way until fibromyalgia hit and I started taking meds for that -- which have really, really helped with that problem. But -- a side effect -- you gain weight.


Then I've got this kidney thing won't allow me to take any pain meds -- I forget what they're called -- narcotics are okay, but aspirin, Advil, Tylenol, etc., are not. Narcotics, make you gain weight.

So, it's a d&$#*ed if you do, and d&$#*ed if you don't situation. I really don't eat that much. Ask Alan. I eat dinner, that's it. I don't snack. I don't eat after dinner. I retain water. As I've mentioned before, I think, if I got a pin prick in my ankles, I start another flood similar to the one in Noah's day!

She (the doctor) said there are weight reduction pills that some people take, but I'm old, I have blood pressure problems -- it's either too high, or it's too low, never just right -- so I'm not a candidate for those things..

So, as I age, I have to realize that part of the aging process will be days when hurting is all that I will do, and I need to get over feeling sorry for myself and try to work through the pain and function with it, or just veg.

Vegging is good!

Speaking of vegging -- I finally after 35 years of living here in the Midwest -- found a farm stand that had Jersey tomatoes. I didn't think they even "made" them any more. So, I stocked up, and tonight I feasted on Jersey tomatoes and white corn, which was superb. What a dinner that was -- Yummy.

mtf

No comments: