Thursday, September 18, 2008

Finally == there is light

Well, I went to Cyndi's and there was no electricity when I got there.

Fair Mare greeted me and kept close the entire time I was there. Ellie slept, even though Cyndi had told me she has a cold or something that is causing her to sniffle.

I had told Cyndi that when they got back from gym class I wouldn't need Tori, but Alan "lost" a contact lens this morning and I couldn't find it and he couldn't find it, and he thought that maybe Tori with her younger eyes would be able to find it if I brought her home with me after Cyndi's. Well, that worked out, and yes, Tori found the lens right away. She also took a shower while she was here. Hot water not being available at her house.

I also noticed something -- a little thing, really. When the electricity is off no matter how many times you flick the switch in a bathroom with no windows, you won't get any light into that room. I had used the lavatory shortly after I got to Cyndi's, but since I was alone, I didn't bother to shut the door, so the light from the hall was enough. Well, I used it again before I left her house, and since there were several children around I shut the door. It was dark, but there was just enough light coming through at the bottom of the door so I was able to do what I had to do without making a mess, if you get my drift.

When Tori and I were driving to my home from Cyndi's to find Alan's lens we noticed an out-of-state electric crew working on the next street over from their street and Tori was so excited. I told her because they were working on this street didn't mean her street was the next to be fixed, and to pray that they were next on the list. And when I took her back to her home the road to was blocked because -- ta da -- they were working on her street, right by the driveway to her house. We were so excited. Praise God!

And another blessing today -- the meat market was finally open and I was able to get some meat -- we've been eating eggs and/or tuna, and I'm tired to both. So, I got my weekly stash for the freezer.



One thing I must add: I have to say Cyndi's home was immaculate -- as clean as it could be without a vacuum cleaner for the carpet -- when I got there today. There was nothing out of place. And that with some minor in-home construction that they had started before the storm, no laundry getting done, and five children with toys, is saying a lot.

I guess there is just so much you can do without all the "things" we have come to depend on to keep our lives going, like TV, computers, telephones, etc. Good job, Cyndi. I was very proud of you, and I know you were in a bad situation, but God put something in you (a desire to make your home clean and wonderful for your family no matter what) and your house spoke peace to me even though you were living in the ravages of a bad storm. I do love you and as I told Tori today, when I first saw you in the hospital there was a special bond and love that I didn't feel with your sister or brother -- from the beginning you were special to me and always have been.

Now, Phil and Becky, don't get upset. I have loved you two dearly since I first laid eyes on each of you as well, but with Cyndi it was just different. Phil you were my first, so desired for so long and to finally have my first baby, WOW! Becky, you were the first Hahn girl in forever, and I had finally done something right, and God blessed me with you, and you have always been a blessing to me, and even though you lose your joy from time to time, you give me joy every time I see you or talk to you.

I love all you grown-up children, and am so thankful to our Father who gave me and your dad such special lives to bring up and train. What an awesome responsibility, and what an awesome result.

No comments: