Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday/Saturday Sept. 12/13

It's a little after midnight, so it is really Saturday, but I'm still on Friday because I haven't been to bed yet. Is that clear (as mud)?

I'm honored to be one of the three people who this week had one of the best definitions for the Word Imperfect BLOG (http://wordimperfect.blogspot.com/) Each week a word is put up and the challenge is to make up a definition for it. Finally, after six or seven tries, I made a silly definition that right now is neck-in-neck with another person. So, if you are of a mind, click on the link (above) and vote for my definition. It really is the best of the three!

I slept most of the day, but it was one of those days when one sleeps a lot if one can because it was a dreary, rainy day. I'm glad it was a rainy day. We really are low in our rain water accumulation, and even with others around us having rain, for some reason -- and I've mentioned this before -- we seem to have a cone around us here in Cold Spring and the rain goes north or south of us, then picks up again and north and south join to move eastward. That happens time and time again. But today, I think we finally got some soaking rain. No storms, though. And the prognosticators say it's going to rain all day tomorrow (er, today) and Sunday and Monday. I'm not holding my breath.

I started my digital book on Ellie -- as a gift for her when she gets older and can appreciate her own book about herself. It's almost finished. It goes very fast using the Story Book program that Creative Memories has on-line. I've done this before. In fact, I did one of the old family pictures and sent a copy to one of my cousins as a gift a couple of years ago. Since then, though, CM has come out with much nicer backgrounds and nicer covers for the book. When it's all put together it looks like a coffee-table book. Very nice.

Knee problems still abound. I suppose on Monday the doctor will tell me AGAIN that there's nothing that can be done and I'll be just as immobile as I am currently.

It's weird, you know? Some days I am fine. No problems at all. Or minimal problems, and I can walk wherever I need to. But other days -- oy, vey! I can't even stand with the aid of the walker. And the popping noise -- well, that's another story. When the knee pops, I expect it to hurt, but it doesn't -- well, it does, when I pop it back in. But when it goes out it's fine.

Now, if I could just find a way to walk on it when it's popped out (when it doesn't hurt), I'd be -- well, I'd probably be dead and in heaven where there is no more pain!

ttfn

No comments: