Monday, September 1, 2008

Here it is, September 1

Well, I've been gone for a few days. Not really away from home, just gone.

First, Saturday morning, my daughter Cyndi called me and told me she's going to have a baby. She's three months pregnant. Yeah!!! I'm so glad. Another baby. Oh, boy!

And, Saturday was David's birthday, so that took up a part of my day, going to my son's house for the party. David is my son's oldest boy. David wanted to badly a light saber, which I got for him. When I got to the house he told me he was glad I was finally there so he would have his light saber. And I asked him, what if I didn't get him a light saber. He told me he was certain I had because I wrapped his present in Star Wars paper. Was that a dead give-away? No, not really. It was the only "boy" paper I had around the house! But I couldn't convince David that I didn't get him the light saber.

Well, he opened it and loved it for two seconds!!!! Which was okay with me. His mom had found a game boy of some sort at a garage sale with six games included for only $5. I guess you know which gift he played with most. Not to be disappointed, though, Matthew grabbed hold of the light saber and he was having a blast with the thing. After that party I was wiped out.

Then Sunday we drove to Huntington, WV (a 3-hour drive one way) for a friend's wedding. The "we" being me and Becky's whole family. Alan wasn't well enough, he felt, to make the trip. And after what we found out the wedding was like (it lasted for 1-1/2 hours and it was very, very hot in the church), it was good that he didn't go.

Quinn, Beck's husband, drove (thank God). It was so nice to not have to drive and I could just sit in the van and enjoy the ride, which I did. Well, the wedding was long, and it was hot. But the reception was great. The bride was absolutely beautiful, of course. Has anyone ever seen a bride that wasn't? There's just something about being a bride that makes that person beautiful, even if it's only for that one day. Then around 10 pm we left the reception (just as the dancing was starting -- bummer) and came home. We got home around 1:15 and then we had to report to Alan all that happened. We all talked until around 3 a.m.

The grandchildren fell asleep on the ride home and so they were awake at 7:30 a.m. I slept in until 8:30 -- not sleeping, just not getting out of bed -- and when I got up, I made eggs with cheese, one of Dan's favorites, bacon, cinnamon toast, and coffee. By noon we had all gotten up, dressed in bathing suits and were ready to head down to the pool.

It is now Labor Day. Pool Closing day. We got there just in time for the annual cake walk. Well, the children absolutely loved the cake walk. And Dan's idea is that for Christmas we have a candy walk. I'm to have different types of candy in bags, the children will use pennies to bid for a bag of candy, I'll draw a domino out of a bag to give them a number and whomever has his/her pennies on that number gets that bag of candy! Smart kid, Dan is.

mtf

No comments: