Friday, May 8, 2009

stamps

Alan asked me today if I knew that there was a roll of stamps in my carry-on bag. I said, "Yes." He asked, "Why?"

I said, "I had high hopes of sending post cards while we were one our trip." Then I continued with the thought that it seems so much easier to think about doing things, and planning to do things when I'm sitting down, and the knees don't hurt, then I stand up, and all my bright ideas fly the coop.

He said he knew what I was talking about (that's a first!). He's having a really tough time right now. I also mentioned that it might be time for me to take over the counting out of his daily meds since he hadn't done that for four days and therefore didn't take any meds during that period of time. Not a good thing. He was too ill to do it, and I really didn't think about it, because for all the 10 years now, that he's been taking all these meds, he's kept track of them, and made sure he takes them. The only med I've been responsible for is his shot of interferon.

So, maybe I'll be taking on the sorting. I don't know. He's sorting them today and that will last him a week. So, when next Friday comes around, I'll check and see if he is sorting his pills.

He sees Dr. Cody next week (his oncologist). I'm going with him. And he's going to his eye surgeon on Monday, hopefully to be told the eye has healed enough to get a good prescription for glasses so he can have good vision again. We'll see what happens.

ttfn

No comments: