Friday, May 22, 2009

Hospital central

Well, not really. But it feels that way. All that paraphernalia we bought the last time I wrote.

The chair arrived and was set up by the techs who brought it. It was all explained to us, and I sat in it, tested it, and I love it. In fact, it's the first chair I've ever been able to sleep in. I sat in the chair to read yesterday, and feel asleep, quite quickly, I might add. But...

Since then, after I woke up and started dinner Alan decided he wanted to sit in MY chair. That was okay with me. After dinner, since we don't like the same TV programs, I opted to watch TV in our bedroom, and he stayed in MY chair. He likes it better than his, I'm afraid. So, I have a feeling I'm going to be relegated to his chair, which really doesn't fit me well. The headrest is too high for my short stature, and the foot rest hits me mid-back of the leg, which if I'm having any fibromyalgia problems really, really hurts.

I don't care really. As long as he's comfortable. He's the one that has more comfort problems than I. We also bought him a donut pillow, but it's all covered with material so you can't tell it's a donut pillow, which I thought was a neat idea. That seems to be alleviating his tail bone pain immensely. In fact, yesterday, he was not hurting in that area of his back at all.

Today, he woke up and complained that his kidneys were bothering him. That could be for several reasons -- yesterday he moved a lot of things to get read for the chair, including vacuuming with both the big vacuum and the hand-held vacuum. I figured I'd leave it until the dear soul that cleans for me comes next week. He also cleared out all the old newspapers and put them in his office somewhere. I haven't found them, so I assume they're in the closet.

So that could be the cause of his back problem. Also, it took almost two weeks to get a prescription filled and it was for a pill that he needs for his kidneys. He started taking those meds again yesterday. We'll see what happens. He's really concerned that he won't be able to participate in the pool opening, the Memorial Day ceremony, and worst of all he won't be able to go to the family gathering on Monday. If I have to wheel him there, he's going! I'll have Quinn to help me, also. I think he can be PERSUADED to go.

So, that's my life up till now. I love the chair. The walker is amazing -- it's unbelievable how having something that pushes so easily and yet keeps me from falling has helped my knees. And I'm almost down to using just the cane all the time, instead of the walker. When the knees start bothering me, I head for the walker. When the knees are fine, I use the cane.

So, from hospital central, I wish you all a happy Memorial Day. Don't forget to pray for our troops, okay? And pray for the families of those who have given their lives for our country.

ttfn

No comments: