Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Date day

Alan and I don't have date nights. We'd fall asleep. Oh, we go out to dinner rarely, but after that we head home and basically wipe out. So we have our dates during the day.

Today was the first date day we've had since before Christmas. We usually go to see a movie then out to dinner -- see? -- backwards. Well, we went to see the new Star Trek movie and I found it very enjoyable, if not a little bit evolutionary and new agey. I could overlook those items because basically it was a nice movie. No sex, one bad word. It was enjoyable. But my poor husband, whose concentration is just not doing it these days, didn't get the plot at all until I explained it to him. I won't tell it here because some one reading this BLOG might not yet have seen this film.

After the movie we had decided to go to a medical supply place and get me a new walker. Yes, I got a cadillac of walkers and am so glad I did. It has a seat, a basket, and four wheels instead of two and those things you have to put cut-up tennis balls on. My previous walker gave out in the Bahamas about three weeks ago. I also got a new cane, as my cane also wore out on that trip. It was made of wood, and broke. Not a good thing.

And -- ta da -- we got a pop-up chair for me, although I'll bet that Alan uses it more than I. It's leather, and it was half price -- not because it was a floor model or anything, it's just the model has been discontinued and they were getting rid of them. And if Medicare comes through, we'll really be getting the chair on the cheap. Yes!!!!

In fact, we went to a store which I didn't even know existed until today. I thought it was a medical building, but it was a medical supply store located just outside the theater where we saw Star Trek; and the prices in this particular store were better than the prices at Walgreen's and CVS. So, we bought what we though we needed.

Alan really wanted to get a chair that you sit in and the remote control on the arm gets you around. I don't want to go there yet. I need to exercise my legs and so does he, and I'm afraid if we get one of those chairs, neither of us would get enough exercise. We already have one for the outdoors, and that's good enough I think. He also wanted to get a wheel chair which isn't a wheel chair. It's more like a stroller for adults, and it holds up to 500 pounds. I talked him out of that. Unless and until we travel again we don't need it, and if and when we both travel again, we can run down the street (the store is only a mile away) and get the adult carriage. :)

Did we go out to eat? No. By the time we had gone to the movie and the store, I really didn't want to go out to eat, nor did Alan. I had put left-over roasted chicken in the crock pot this morning thinking I'd freeze it for soup so instead of freezing the chicken and juices, I just popped some veggies into crock pot and some noodles, and that's what we ate. I have to admit, and so did Alan, it was very good, and very filling.

Well, I guess that gets me caught up for another week. Alan is still hacking away -- will it ever end? I certainly hope so.

ttfn.

No comments: