Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Boy am I glad

I'm so glad we went to the "home hospital supply" store. The new walker is working well, and it kept me standing throughout the pool opening day, aiding my walking down to the pool and back two times. Let me explain. I went down for brunch -- trip no. 1. The pool opening was after brunch. I stuck around for that. Then I stayed for an hour or so just chatting with the neighbors. The pool water was too cold for me, and I hadn't slept at all the night before, so I went home and took a short nap before I got my dish ready for the evening dinner -- thus trip no. 2.

I figured with all that walking and standing I'd be really sore, and I prayed that wouldn't be, because on Sunday we were having our family Memorial Day picnic -- and 40th birthday celebration for my son, Phil. I also prayed that the predicted rain would hold off until after we finished with the picnic. The Lord blessed us and we had our picnic. I was able, once again with the aid of the walker, to enjoy the day, figuring I'd really be sore on Monday.

Monday dawned, and my grandson Dan woke us at 7:30 a.m. He's an early riser. I got up, made coffee, took my meds (I could barely walk) and waited for them to kick in. I was able to get breakfast made. Took a trip to the pool with the children -- it rained the whole time they were swimming, but it didn't bother them -- and then came home and made lunch. After lunch Becky and her family left, and I crashed. I hurt so bad. I still hurt really bad. I wonder how long it will take to get back into a mode where I can walk aided and not hurt like I do today.

We'll see.

Alan is loving MY chair. I've only gotten to sit in it once since it got into the house. I am now relegated to his recliner, which is okay, but it's a little large for me. The head rest is too high, and the foot rest is too low, but I manage. Basically, I just use it as a chair, not as a recliner. Now, MY chair, I recline all the way back. At least I did the one time I used it.

Time now, to get the clean clothes out of the drier and the ones in the washer into the drier. Laundry -- does it ever end?

No comments: