Monday, May 31, 2010

I finally did it

Alan and I have been fighting over who would get to use my Kindle almost from the time it came in the door. Alan did give it to me for my birthday, and I have to admit that I haven't been sharing my gift with him very often.

After several months of discussion we finally decided to get him his own Kindle. It's so much easier to handle those big, heavy, theological books he likes to read, and most of which are free in Kindle, at least the really old ones we have in our home library are. Even Alan needs the lighter weight, I guess, rather than holding a heavy book.

So, today I ordered him his own Kindle. I'll be able to transfer the books we have purchased (paid money for) over to his Kindle, and the free ones, I'll just download again to his Kindle and take them off mine.

Also, today is the day I have been getting caught up, sort of . Still have a couple more loads of laundry to do, and half a suitcase full of clothes to put away.

My personal assistant came by yesterday and we went shopping. I had to restock the fridge and pantry, but except for the items that had to be refrigerated, I haven't put any of that food away, and there is a lot of it. So, that's something else I plan to get accomplished today.

And, I have to write several thank you notes to those folks who were so generous to us in Runnemede, and because of whom, our family reunion was a resounding success.

My brother, Carl, (I call him Dit) closed on his new home last weekend -- the weekend we all descended on the town, and couldn't get too much of his move completed in that one day of the week he isn't traveling. So this weekend, he got the rest of his furniture out of his old house, and got it into his new house.

He has a few things to do and then he will put the Williamstown house on the market. He's not expecting it to see quickly, as most homes in NJ aren't selling because of the high taxes in the state.

Phil had a great interview last week, and a not-so-great interview as well. He has a couple more leads, but he really wants the job in Kansas. God willing he will get it, and this nightmare will be over. It's been one year now. Can you believe that? I'm thinking it's because he's 41 years old and has a lot of experience in his field, and why hire someone who needs more money than a kid just out of school who doesn't. I guess experience doesn't count any more, nor does a good job record (10 years in the same job). But God knows what is going on. We don't, so we just have to wait upon the Lord.

I did a lot of praying while we were away. Alan got used to my just talking to God while I was driving. I was praying for Phil and his job situation. I prayed for safe travel every time I got into the car, no matter how far I was driving that day. I prayed that we would all be healthy. I prayed that Alan's legs would hold him up. I prayed that the weather would be good. And on and on. God was so good to us on this trip. And best of all, as I reported previously, he allowed me to be hugged without pain.

My personal assistant asked me if I was still huggable, and I said I was. I'm not really still huggable, but I knew she really wanted to give me a real hug, not the finger touching hug which we usually give each other.

I'm glad to be home. And I'm waiting for the storms we're supposed to get this afternoon. I hope I get all my chores completed before that so I can just sit out on the porch and enjoy the fireworks -- that would be God's fireworks.

ttfn

No comments: