Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's Mother's Day 2010

I have three children. And I've been wished "Happy Mother's Day" by all three, and it's early in the morning of Mother's Day 2010.

My youngest took me out for brunch on Friday. It was such a nice thing to do, and I did so enjoy the conversation with her. She was in her old talkative mode. Cyndi (my youngest) was always a chatterbox. She gave me such joy when she was growing up. Cyndi could always make me laugh.

Becky, my middle child, called me about a week ago telling me she wanted to get out here for MD, but since I'd see her in NJ, she probably wouldn't. Alan and I were seriously thinking about heading out to visit them today, but with us getting ready to travel, and having to have everything packed ahead of time so my cleaning lady can help me pack the car (head's up T!), and since I had a very bad fibro day yesterday, I didn't think we should head west, just for a few hours when I have so much laundry and packing to do. But she did want me to visit, and I wanted to visit her. Becky is the child that was always quiet. She always had a love for the Lord that shown through her and she always helped me get peaceful when I was agitated.

My son, Phil, also wished me a happy mother's day (yesterday) and I love hearing that, especially since I didn't have to prompt him. Phil was (and is) so very intelligent. I find it so weird that he hasn't found a job yet. You'd think someone would want to hone in on his intelligence. He has a photographic mind. When he was learning piano, he would memorize a page of music and then play it, rather than going note by note. Hmmm. I haven't a clue whether he has any music ability any more. I didn't push him to keep at it. Phil is the child about whom I bragged the most. He made me so proud -- and maybe my pride was a hindrance to him when he was growing up. He was just so smart.

Three children, three different personalities. I loved them all best.

ttfn

No comments: