Thursday, May 13, 2010

The car is packed

Alan did NOT pack the car. My son, Phil, had mercy on his old mom (and dad) and came over and put the heavy stuff in the car. We still have quite a bit of small stuff -- lunch, coffee, file folder with addresses of places we're staying, etc., camera, Garmin, Kindle -- all the stuff I normally carry around with me in my walker basket -- medicines -- all those things will be shoved in the car in the a.m.

We're supposed to get t-storms overnight into the morning. I asked Alan what time he thought we should leave -- he wouldn't give me a time. He said when it isn't raining. Well, even the weather prognosticators don't know when it's not going to rain. So, I guess, I'll just get up and do my normal a.m. things and I'll be ready to go about 1-1/2 hours after I see the light of day.

I know I won't sleep tonight. I never do the night before a trip. And I won't take any sleep-inducing pills because they don't wear off (with me) for almost 18 hours. Not good if I'm driving, and I am because Alan can't.

Excitement - excitement - excitement. I must call my sister tonight. Is it too late to do that? Nah. I'll get right on that.

Good night and good bye.

ttfn

1 comment:

The Lady of the Holler said...

Have a great trip, Jude! Hope you enjoy your time with family and friends!