Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2

It's May 2 and I was checking on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, thinking we might come back from NJ via that method, but it costs too much IMHO, so we're rerouting our homeward journey. I did notice, however, that it was 86 degrees in Cape May. Come on, it's the 2nd of May, not the 4th of July! I bet the roads back from the shore are really crowded right about now.

Here in the hills of N. KY we are having rain, and lots of it. They said we might get four inches in this 24-hour period. I know it's been raining hard and steady since about 5 a.m. But, you know, it makes all the plantings so green, even in the dim light. We're supposed to get some t-storms later this afternoon, but it's already almost 5 p.m. I haven't checked the weather since early this morning, so I don't know whether we are still going to get noisy rain.

Tomorrow promises to be a brighter day -- yeah, right. I don't believe it for a minute. I'll just go with the flow. It is supposed to get quite warm this week with highs in the 80s. For the beginning of May that's something. I wonder if it indicates that global warming is a fact rather than a theory. After this winter, I doubt the factuality of GW, because I was thinking more like a new ice age. Hey, we've had hot summers before, and they are usually followed by a cool summer, like last year. But the warm weather will be here, however, the pool won't. The pool company hasn't even drained it yet from last year.

Tomorrow is a busy, busy day. Doctor in the a.m., then scrapbooking in the p.m. and I haven't even started to get my supplies together to take with me so that I can do some productive work on Jack's scrapbook. I'm so far behind on that baby book it's embarrassing.

So, it's 5 p.m. and I haven't eaten anything yet today. I'm not hungry, and since I've been wolfing down food like there's no tomorrow in recent weeks, and my not-so-trim figure is getting even more not-so-trim, if you get my drift, I decided to not eat unless I was hungry. That is, not to eat because it was time to make Alan lunch, and therefore, it's lunch time. I hope this method works for the next few weeks.

I was thinking today, only 26 more days and the pool opens. Yippee. I love having access to a pool, and while I can't see it any more because the trees have grown enough to hide it from my view (except in the winter), I know it's there. Listening to the children (grandchildren of residents) laughing as they play in the water is comforting.

Now, I'm going to make some reservations at some hotels on the route Alan has decided we are taking both to and from our trip home. So, that's...

ttfn

No comments: