Thursday, May 27, 2010

We're back home

The house where I grew up.
What an absolutely enjoyable vacation/trip back to our old digs. The folks we met while we were there, old friends and new ones, were so friendly. The family get together can't be described adequately with words that I know. It was more than fantastic.


We had some physical issues, mostly mine -- pain after doing too much, which I knew would happen, but I couldn't stop myself from "doing" things like walking.
Alan walked so well most of the time, except when he was really tired. He pushed himself and he did what he needed to do. Thanks to all the family men, especially my brother Mark, who helped me and Alan with all the lugging and lifting (including lifting Alan from various seats from which he couldn't get himself out of).
And the travel, except for the major traffic jam in Philadelphia, was wonderful. The weather was beautiful, except for one day, and who doesn't need to stay indoors at least one day in 14?
So, our vacation for this year is over. I look forward to a trip to Virginia with my sister and my cousin in October. Then maybe, just maybe, we'll do something (Alan and I) around Christmas.
I have said I will never go on another cruise with Alan, but now he's bugging ME to find out about trips to Alaska and/or Bermuda. I don't think I'm up for that. Unless I can take a hefty grandchild with me to schlep luggage, it's not going to happen.
I guess I'll sign off for now. I'm very tired, physically. Not at all sleepy, just tired. There IS a difference you know.
ttfn

1 comment:

Rose said...

Can't wait to see you again. I've MISSED YOU!!!!!!
Please take care, Aunt J. God bless you!
xoxoxox
Love,
J. Rose