Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco de Mayo plus one (uno)

Okay, I missed the big holiday. What holiday? CDM, that's what holiday. And I heard today that the whole holiday is a hoax and was designed by some beer company to promote their beer. Oh, well. I don't think I missed anything. Alan wore his Hawaiian shirt to Lifegroup last night, and told everyone it was his Cinco de Mayo shirt. He really looked dorky, but no one really care how he looked. He was having fun.

The missing days in my "diary" are because of busy-ness. Getting ready to leave, getting the house ready for the sitter, take time and I'm running out of it.

I still have a list a foot-long -- no joke -- and when I cross off something from the list -- task completed, in other words -- another task pops up. So the foot-long list doesn't get any shorter.

I need to have everything packed before we leave so my cleaning lady can help me pack the car. She has strong arms!

I was thinking about her today -- and I think I dreamed about her overnight. I heard her singing. She sings a lot. Her voice isn't too bad. At least she's not "pitchy". That would really annoy me. I kid her about her singing, and she just sings louder. She's really a cutey.

Alan has PT today. Probably his last one. The last time he went in they told him, their work with him is finished. They've taken him as far as they can take him. Translation? He needs to do more on his own. Or...your medicare co-pay has run out, so we don't need you here any more because we know you don't pay your medical bills in a timely manner, so we're cutting you off.

I think it's probably the second scenario.

I'm still PUSH-ing as far as Phil's finding a job goes. And I'm PUSH-ing for everyone's trip to be great, all funds supplied, no car break downs, no sick kids...that list is pretty long also.

So many pieces of the puzzle of getting everything done for the reunion are in place. Click! And I keep searching for the missing pieces and putting more in place. As I said, I'm praying, praying, praying (until something happens) PUSH.

I know God is in control and He desires to give me the desires of my heart. Well, God, knows that my desire is for our reunion to be a blessing to all who can make it.

I saw a yard full of Irises two days ago. I was so disappointed. They too early. I wanted them to be abloom when I get to NJ. Maybe the irises in NJ will be a little later than the ones out here. I wanted to see my mom's iris again. I know I'll miss the lilacs and lilies of the valley. But since the roses are starting to bloom here (also early) perhaps her wonderful rose bushes will be opening up. I'm saying all this since the last time I was at the house these plants were still in tack, but that was three years ago. Who knows what has happened since then. One can hope, right?

Well, I need to get Alan some lunch so he can work those legs this afternoon.

ttfn

No comments: