Friday, October 2, 2009

New floor

When we moved into our condo, 8 years ago -- was it that long ago? -- I was given the opportunity, because it was a "new build" to outfit the entire house with the flooring I wanted (NOT).  I was permitted to use the flooring in many styles and colors that the builder wanted me to use.  But, that's now where I'm going.  Not knowing what I wanted in the master bathroom, I decided I'd just go with what was in the sample condo.  It was linoleum, and it looked like white ceramic tile with a grayish grout.  Tile wasn't an option, which would have been my first choice, of course.

Well, I was used to cleaning my floors, especially around the toilet, with bleach.  After a few weeks I noticed that I couldn't get the urine stains removed from around the pot, only to find out from Martha Stewart, that using bleach on linoleum can cause the product to yellow, to a lovely shade of urine.  So, for the past 8 years I've been scrubbing, even with a toothbrush, with all kinds of cleansers to try to get those stains out, all to no effect.  Well, I finally got on Alan's case, and told him I wanted a new floor, because I couldn't stand the stains that looked like I never cleaned the balthroom, which I happen to do every single day. 

Yesterday, I got my new floor -- finally.  I chose very, very pale gray slate-like tile and then the grout is matched to my shower surround.  It looks so nice, and it's so clean, and I can use bleach on it without worrying about it staining.  I'm a happy camper again. 

I have to say that while I don't like the smell of Clorox in the bottle, I do like the clean smell of it after I've cleaned the floor. 

I'm walking better -- don't know why that is, but I am.  Maybe that homeopathic stuff I'm taking for arthritis is working. 

I read the newest Yada Yada book -- did I mention that? -- a couple of days ago.  And, of course, I loved it.  However, this latest book didn't have as much praying in it as the others, and I really like the prayer group transcripts that Ms. Jackson has had in her previous books.  This book only had one Yada Yada sisterhood meeting, and only two church meetings.  But I have to say it was exciting, and did have a fairly good ending.  At least this one didn't leave me hanging, so I can wait without an itch for her next book.

Well, I'm getting my place all spiffied up for my sister's visit, for which I can't wait.  I'm on pins and needles waiting for her to come.  Then, I'll get to work on setting us up for a happy cruise.

ttfn

No comments: