Saturday, October 10, 2009

Rosie is Ten!


Our little Rosie is now 10 years old!  She was born just after Alan's first round of chemotherapy.  We didn't make it home for the birth, but were there two days later. 

Rosie has always been a cute, precocious child.  She's so very smart.  And she's tender.  She has turned out to be very sensitive to others who need help. 

She is a very talented actress.

I found out that she is wanting to wear dresses to school now.  But, she doesn't have many dresses.  So, I decided that I would get her some dresses.  I was hoping Macy's would have one of their really, really good sales so I could get her several.  My goal was to get her five new outfits, one for each day of the week. 

Well, I got five outfits, but the one in the picture, as you can see, is not something she can wear to school.

In fact, her sister, Rachel thought it was just something I bought for them to play with and to put in the dress-up bin.  Well, it's a very well-made dress, originally priced at $88.  I got it for -- wait for it -- $5.  Can you believe that?  I couldn't believe it either.  I saved $224 in all for the things I bought, about 7 times what I spent.  I was so glad to be able to get her some new clothes.  I mean brand new -- to her, as to most of the children in our family -- hand-me-downs are new.  But that's okay.  I mean kids go through their clothing so quickly they might get three or four wearings before they outgrow them.  So hand-me-downs are nearly new. 


Rachel was disbelieving when she was told that Me-mom had told Rosie she could take the dress home and wear it whenever she wanted to.  You can see how pretty the dress is.  And it was made oh so well.  I just loved it.  I didn't take pictures of all the things I bought her, but you can see THE DRESS.

Happy birthday, Rosie!

ttfn

No comments: