Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ho-hum

I just don't get it.  Why don't the people in Washington understand that if the Saudi's aren't going to trade oil for dollars any more (they want our gold), that we should start drilling our own oil.  We've certainly plenty of it under our own country, and off our own coasts, and we could drill for our own stuff and not share it with anyone.  Don't the doo-fusses in DC understand the concept of getting strangled and pushed out of the oil purchasing market?  How stupid are they?

Okay, I vented.

Now, I went to the back doctor today and he has released me because I'm no longer having back problems since I've been able to use the Lidocain patch, and that little patch has worked very well, thank you very much.  He will welcome me back if my back goes out really bad and the patches don't work.  He's really more concerned about the other side (my left side) because my hip is so worn out.  One of these days, it will break.  My bone density is good, though, so who knows.  God does. 

And, oh yes, God, I'm sure is somewhere in the DC area, and He is not a doo-fuss.  He knows that we have oil, he even knows where he put it!

I got some beautiful dresses for Rosie -- her birthday is next Monday and we're having a party on Saturday for her (changed from Sunday).  I saved $224 at Macy's on her dresses.  I got one dress that was originally $88.  Sale price?  $5.  It's a beautiful dress.  It looks like a bride's dress.  So pretty.  I couldn't even buy a play costume dress for that little bit of money.  It isn't, of course, something she can wear to school or church, unless she gets a white fur jacket to wear with it.  Maybe I'll try to find something she can use as a cover up so she can wear it to church for the Christmas program or something.

Yes, Christmas.  It's coming up fast.  And I decided I'm going back to Macy's and I'm going to get a bunch of those dresses and other clothes that are on sale and give them to the grand-girls for Christmas.  If I saved $224 today, think how much I'll save if I buy for 4 young ladies instead of just one.

Well, I'm getting the house all gussied up for my sister's arrival next week.  I hope my sofa comes by then.  The other sofa is being moved out on Thursday, and the love seat is going on Saturday.  But, the piano is coming in, so there will be some furniture here even if the new sofa doesn't come.

And, yes, I'm still loving my new bathroom floor.  It feels so different under my feet than the other floor felt. 

I guess that's it for this episode.  So, I'll say to  you all, ttfn.

1 comment:

Word Imp said...

Hi, Glad to see you're still blogging. I've been away for a while. Just popped by to say hi and let you know I'm back to doing my Word Imperfect blog at last. Hope to see you there.