Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bummer

Now it seems the automatic announcer that BLOGspot is supposed to have, isn't working on this BLOG either.  Well, you all will get an e-mail and I'll tell you to check it every day or two.  I seem to have a lot to say these days, since they're stay-inside days now.

The cool weather has arrived.  The trees are bare (almost).  And I think we're now officially into the season of Cincinnati Gray.  That's the time of year when we get weather patterns of six days of cloudy weather, sometimes with precipitation, and one day of sun.  I do NOT like this time of year.  The bright side being, however, that Christmas is coming and I can throw myself into the hustle and bustle of the holiday.  Parties, just a couple.  Decorations, galore.  Shopping, with my fingers. 

There you have it.  My schedule until January, then the gray really gets to me and I start thinking about heading south to visit family in Florida.  Not this year.  Alan says not, but by the time we have our sixth week of dreariness, he'll be ready to go. 

He really doesn't have to do anything except pack his bag.  I do all the rest.  Loading the car.  Making the hotel reservations, etc.  He just has to show up, basically.

He's in his annual "November Weakness" mode.  I have to make him walk.   So, we have a fight everyday until I get him up and moving.  I hate that.

Well, today is just beginning and I'll probably have more to say later.

ttfn

Add on:  October 30, 2009

I lay me down to read for a while, but soon drifted off into la-la land.  I heard the book I was reading go "thunk" onto the floor, woke up long enough to remove my glasses and rolled over.  I realized I was cold, so I tried to get the cover over me in a better position.  I drifted off again, dreaming I was cold.  Woke up about an hour later, still cold, but unwilling to rise from the cocoon in which I had placed myself, hoping I would either drift off again, or I would get warmer.  Then it came upon me with such swiftness I was kind of startled.  The heat -- not warming up, but heat, like sunburn, and I knew, OH NO NOT AGAIN.  Yes, another fibro attack.

It's 5 p.m.  I took the medicine quite a while ago and I'm still aching.  Phil is coming tonight to watch the Phillies' game (notice I didn't mention the other team) and he's bringing a couple of his children.  I love my grandchildren, but right now I'm not up for any of them, nor am I ready to receive my beloved son.  Oh well, God is awesome and He will help me through this day.   To God be the glory.

ttfn again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our world, and I am fairly certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes less expensive, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://does-the-r4-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds.onsugar.com/Does-R4i-R4-actually-work-7232282]R4i[/url] DS SysBro)