Sunday, November 1, 2009

DST

That's not a disease or anything, or maybe it is.  It's Daylight Savings TimeTime -- which is over, for a couple of months.  Even with the extra hour I didn't get any extra sleep.  My body clock sleeps when it wants to sleep and that's it.

I have a cousin who takes an afternoon nap and as she told me recently, it takes a good chunk out of the day, but being retired, it's so worth it.

I take a nap more often than not, as well, but I feel so guilty afterwards because I've given up that chunk of the day, and at night I'm worthless.  But then, I can't sleep at night if I take that nap.  At least that's the case most of the time

So, here we are...the clocks got changed.  Well, some of them.  In my house there are so many clocks.  My dad had a clock thing.  I think when we moved him out of his house we found 75 clocks, or was that flashlights?  I can't remember, but I do know it was a lot of clocks.

Have I gone there?  Do I have that fettish that my father had?  I have at least one clock in every room.  In my kitchen there are three -- count them -- three clocks ...the microwave, which is still set at the old time, the coffee pot, still on DST, and the stove, I didn't change that one either.

I have two clocks in my sister's room, one is changed, one isn't (three if you count the computer clock, but that's the only one I don't have to worry about because it changes automatically).  And then I hate to tell you how many watches I have. But I don't worry about them, I just change them out.  I keep several at DST and several at EST (Eastern standard).  Of course, there's the clock in the car, the one down in the garage.  Have it covered them all?  I'll get around to changing them all out sometime in mid-December, about a month before they have to be changed back.

Why don't we just leave them the same year round.  Farmers don't even use clocks.  And I find that I'm using them less and less because, well, I just get up when I want, do what I have to do, then go back to bed when I want.  If I don't have a specific appointment, I don't worry about time.

That's saying a lot for me because I used to be so tied to my watch.  Do I go without wearing a watch?  No way.  I have one embedded into my left wrist.  It's waterproof so I don't have to worry about it in the shower.  Just kidding, but I do have that annoying habit of checking it out from time to time.  Why?  I don't know. 

Maybe I'm just checking to see if the sun is doing what it's supposed to be doing.

ttfn

POST TTFN:  Have I mentioned lately that I hate the dark.  And it seems to be dark all the time now.  I get up in the dark -- it doesn't get light out here until almost 8 a.m., and then it gets dark around 6 p.m.  If I sleep away the afternoon, I'm giving up a lot of the light time.

ttfn-2

No comments: