Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today's bright spot

My dear sister called me.  It's Friday, and she called me!  She almost always calls me on Sunday, so a Friday phone call sort of freaked me out until I found out that she was just missing me.  Isn't that neat?  And she had a question about the piano.

That was today's (Friday's) bright spot.  I realize I'm writing this on Saturday at 3 a.m., but these thoughts are about Friday. 

I woked up in the middle of last night in terrible pain.  A really bad fibro attack.  It was too soon to take any meds, so I just layed still and wished sleep to come.  I woke up again around 8 a.m. and downed my meds which took effect shortly after that, at least I think they did.  I fell asleep and woke up again around noon, but hurt too bad to actually get out of bed, so I stayed in bed, and fell asleep again, and woke up around 5 p.m.  I made Alan some dinner, and then went back to bed.  I fell asleep again, and woke up around 11 p.m.  Now, I'm wide awake, and will probably not sleep all night.  At least the pain is much less.  It's still there, but much abated.

I keep thinking about our soon-to-be-taken trip and pray that I don't get any such attack while we're away.  It's not fun being out of commission when one is traveling.

My dear daughter's sister-in-law recently had a baby who is not doing well at all.  Feeding tubes, etc.  Her name is Savannah.  Isn't that a pretty name?  Pray for her.  Reminder to myself as well to pray for her.

Well, after a day of freezing, I'm not in the throes of a very, very hot flash.  Boy, I hate those things.  You'd think I'd be through with them.  But then I take to some of my 80 year old friends, and they still have them occasionally.  Part of life.  I just need to get over it.

I guess I'll shut down on this diary report for today.  I feel like I need to get back into bed.  Tired, I'm so tired.

Good night.

ttfn

No comments: