Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Veterans' Day

Tomorrow is Veterans' Day.  Yes, it's still the 10th of November.  It's been a long day.  The first long day in a long time.   Most of my days are extremely short.

I want to thank all the men in my family (you know who you are) who have served admirably in one branch or another of the armed forces.

Tomorrow all vets will get a free meal at Appleby's, so ever though Alan doesn't particularly like that restaurant (I do), we're going there so he can get his free meal.  All we have to do is show him in his uniform in a picture.  Well, duh, who would recognize him now from 40 years ago?  I could show them a picture of anyone in uniform from 40 years ago, and say it was him and they would have to believe me.  Let's see, I have a picture of his brother in uniform, his nephews (three of them) in uniform -- new ones. 

But, I don't think that's going to work, so I have a back-up -- his discharge papers.  We have to show them every time we book a cruise so we can get the armed forces discount, which is really neat. 

I'm looking forward to the meal -- he wants to go around 1:00 p.m. instead of at dinner time.  I don't suppose they'll care that we're coming at that time instead of at dinner.  I'll bet it will be crowded even at that time.  I can't imagine how hard it's going to be to get a seat at dinner time.

I made sausage spaghetti sauce today and once again it was delish.  I think that's my best "gravy" for the "pasta" that I make.  The sausage gives it a special flavor that I particularly enjoy.
Poor Alan, he didn't tell me he wasn't feeling well and I piled his plate high because I know he likes sausage spaghetti.  Well, he left most of it on the plate saying he didn't want it.  I'm concerned because with all the non-eating he's been doing, he's gaining weight. 

Doctor's appointment for him soon, no buts about it.

Well, I'm off to bed now.  It's almost Veterans' Day and since it's a holiday I must get my Veterans' Day Eve bedrest.

ttfn

No comments: