Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The fat lady hasn't been doing much singing

Well, with my sister being at my house, I wasn't singing much, but I was talking a lot.  I was talking so much that I got a sore throat.  But that's okay.  We had a wonderful, blessed time together, as we always do.

She came last Wednesday.  On Thursday we got reacquainted.  For those of you who see your sisters frequently, I know you can't relate.  And while Deb and I talk on the phone once a week, we still have to get "caught up" so to speak when we get together again.  So that's what we did on Thursday -- got caught up.

Now, my sister is someone who has to be "doing" all the time.  So, she cleaned and cleaned and washed dishes (I have a dishwasher) and would have done more if I hadn't practically sat on her to stop her.  I mean, she was supposed to be getting rest.  Her idea of rest is "doing" for others.  I, on the other hand, know the meaning of rest!!!!


Friday, we went out to Becky's and spent the day with her and her children -- and we stayed a lot longer than we had originally planned, but we were having so much fun with the kiddos, that we just didn't want to head back home.

Dan's missing from the picture.  When I took it, he was headless.  Why does that happen?  He looked fine on the screen, then when I downloaded the picture, his head was missing.  I hate when that happens.

On Saturday the sun came out around 10:00 a.m.  I was going to sleep in (I only slept until 10), but when I saw that it was sunny out, I wanted to see if the porch was warm enough for a little bit of coffee-time on the old veranda, so to speak.  The weather forecast was so bad that the church picnic was cancelled.  So you can imagine my glee and surprise when the sun was out in the morning.  And it stayed out for the rest of Deb's visit, which was great, because the leaves on the trees are so pretty right now.


As you can see, the trees are just wonderful this year.  On the other side of my house, however, the trees are bare -- that's the north side, as if that makes a difference.  Actually, the trees that have been denuded are the ones on the street between the buildings where the north wind blows down the street and through the alley regularly. 

So, we enjoyed God's beauty for the rest of her visit.  The porch was our abode for hours each day, until it got too cold to be out there. 

On Sunday, Deb got sick -- she started with a headache and she got worse as the day went on.  But on Monday, she was better, weak, but better.  I, on the other hand, had a terrible fibromyalgia flare-up.  One of the worse ones I ever had.  It lasted through most of today.  I'm fine now, though. 

She went back home today, or did I already say that?  And I slept most of the day.  Because of the pain from the fibromyalgia I was a little sleep deprived and so the sleep I got today was needed and appreciated.

So, for now that's the catch-up of where I've been and what I've been doing the past week.

ttfn

No comments: