Monday, September 28, 2009

Knees

What's with knees, anyway?  Take this weekend for instance.  Saturday -- knees were working great.  Alan and I even went out to dinner and I was able to walk with no pain, and no cane.  Sunday?  I was scheduled to go over to visit Cyndi, in order to take pictures of Jack at 6 months, and hopefully get a few of the other grandchildren as well, and my knees were barely holding me up even with a walker.  Today, Monday?  Fine again.  I'm walking all over the place and doing housework, and not suffering at all.

Wish I could get a handle on what makes me feel okay, and what causes the relapses.

I thought maybe it was the weather.  But the weather on Saturday was humid, with the possibility of thunderstorms.  And we did have a storm, but it was late that night, around 10 p.m.  And because the weather was so nice, Alan and I chose a nice table outside the restaurant at which to eat.

Sunday was partly cloudy, coolish, and basically a beautiful fall day.  Today, Monday, is even cooler, windy, and sunny.  Again, another typical fall day, if there is any such thing as a "typical" anything when it comes to weather in Cincinnati.

So, I hobble or walk depending on what my body feels like doing, I suppose.

See those two pictures up there?  One is of Jack, the youngest of my grandchildren, yesterday.  I mentioned I went over to Cyndi's to get Jack's pictures -- he six months old already.  And I was blessed to have Ellie be unafraid of me, and even call me mom-mom (close enough to memom) several times.  She even said "Goodbye."

I hope you like the pictures.  They're both so cute.  Jack looks like his oldest brother, Shandon, but he also resembles his mother when she was a baby.  Ellie is the spittin' image of her daddy.



ttfn

1 comment:

The Lady of the Holler said...

What sweet grandbabies you have!