Friday, September 11, 2009

Where does time go?

I just can't believe that four days ago I posted my last post to TFLS.  Where did the time go?  What did I do in that time period?  How much time did I waste?  How much time did I spend in bed sleeping?  How much time did I spend in a chair waiting for the pain to subside?  How much time did I waste playing an internet game?  

I haven't a clue since I, unlike my husband, do not take time each day to write down how much time I spend on various tasks.  I do know that I have cooked every evening a really good dinner.  I have finished all the laundry for the week, AND -- ta da -- put it away!  I know that I have cleaned the kitchen floor twice -- no cleaning person this week or last week or the week before.  I know I have spent time with my DIL and son.  I know I will be heading out to Indiana on Sunday to attend the baptism of my grandson, Dan. He's 11.  I know I'm ready for my scrapbook crop on Monday night, and I have been working on that for several days.  And I know that I have moved my computer, printer, and scanner to another place so that I can use my father's desk for scrapbooking.

But where has the time gone?  It seems I just got out of bed and then it's time to get back into bed and I have little to nothing to show for the day.  I still haven't visited my nearest daughter -- she only lives 1.2 miles away.  And therefore I haven't seen those grandchildren -- there are six of them -- since Father's day!  And everyday I say, "Today, I'm going over to Cyndi's."  And everyday passes and I didn't go visit Cyndi.  Sorry Cyndi.

Well, I've been pretty busy this a.m., and now my knees and legs are throbbing, even in a sitting position, so I guess it's time to lay flat and get them into good shape so I can do the various nothings that will take up so much of my time the rest of today.

ttfn

No comments: