Monday, September 14, 2009

Baptism


Yesterday, Sunday, September 13, 2009, we went out to North Vernon, IN to see the baptism of my middle child's (Becky's) son, Dan, get baptized.

The pastor offered a wonderful sermon on what it means to be a Christian and what baptism means to a Christian.

Dan had to give "testimony" as to how he knew he was born again, and did a good job.  He forgot what he was going to say for a spell, but got back on track (nervous?) and told the congregation why he was being baptized.

I have never seen a child so excited about being baptized.  He's been jumping at the bit for weeks, and now he is baptized.  The picture shows him coming out of the water, in front of the pastor.

After the baptism ceremony his other grandparents and Alan and I went over to Becky's for a delicious dinner of lasagna, salad, and Dan's favorite, garlic bread.

Dan played one of his favorite games with his grandfather (Alan) while the girls and I spent an hour or so on her front porch.  I know you all know how much I love porches.

We came home and today I've been getting ready for my monthly scrapbooking crop at my home.  I can't wait for that.  I might even get some work done on my grandson, Jack's, book.  I certainly hope so.

ttfn

No comments: