Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday

Well, today was the day I was going to see a movie (Julie/Julia) but as I was getting ready to leave (I was in the process of shutting down my computer), Alan remembered that he had an appointment with the oncologist in one-half hour -- it's a 25 minute drive from our house to the doctor's office. I wasn't dressed yet. He wasn't dressed yet. We scrambled, if you can imagine two people who can barely move scrambling! We got to the office five minutes late.

All is well. He's clean for another 3 months. And was told that they don't do bone marrow transplants for multiple myeloma as the first course of action any more. They have a "drug" that they try first. Well, that would have been nice 10 years ago, and perhaps he wouldn't be in the state of health he's in now. The doctor did say the new drug does NOT compromise the immune system the way the transplants did. His immune system is badly compromised and he really gets more ill than a normal person if he gets a cold, or the stomach flu, or any other virus.

He still has the cold he got when we were in Indiana back in July, can you imagine having a cold for over six weeks? A cold is supposed to last, I've been told by a doctor friend of mine, nine days -- three days coming, three days hot and heavy, and three days leaving. I eat a lemon a day as my cold prevention method. Alan hasn't caught on to lemon usage yet. I don't think he ever will. Eating a lemon to him is like eating fish, which he hates. And yes I actually eat the lemon, like one would eat an orange. I slice it and eat the fleshy part. I really do like lemons.

We both need to get pneumonia shots -- next week. He was told to get a flu shot. I think I mentioned that I'm not going to get one. I'm not sure they are a good thing. I just don't trust the government telling me I need it and must get it because I'm old.

Also, I'm a bit depressed (not really) because I see my niece's BLOG and it's so cute. She has pictures separate from her writings, she has cutesy sayings in the margin, and even has a "cartoon" of sorts at the bottom of her family. Her broccoli sayings are a little off-the-wall, but that's okay. I'm so jealous of her talent as an artiste. I'm also jealous of my "holler" friend who also has a really snazzy looking BLOG page. How do they do that? I used "the cutest blog on the block" and thought I had a pretty nice looking page, but it doesn't compare to these two ladies' efforts.

I am such a BLOG-a-holic. I have about 10 BLOGs that I check out faithfully every day and then I sit and stare at my computer screen trying to think what I'm going to write about, if I'm going to write, and if I write, what can I say that will grab someone else's attention beside mine.

I have a difficult time keeping track of the three BLOGs. Runnemede Remembered is still my favorite, but I have to be careful on that BLOG that I don't overlap to The Fat Lady Singeth which has to do with my current life and family, whereas RR is supposed to be about life in that small NJ town.

I heard from one of the residents of the town, an old friend, and he said he was loving what I was writing -- that made me feel good, but you'd think with the town having over 5,000 residents, more people would write to me and say, "Hey, Jude, nice BLOG." Doesn't happen. Oh, well.

I'll write for myself and if anyone wants to read what I've scribbled, that's fine. If not? They're loss. My goal: Be name Blogspot's Blog of the Day. I'm not holding my breath!

ttfn

3 comments:

Lori said...

Well, I for one love your blogs! You're the one that got me started. So, keep it up and don't get depressed. You are the blogging pioneer that got all of us started after we saw how awesome yours was. :-)

Amy said...

I love reading your blogs too. And like Lori, you were the one who inspired me to start blogging. So thanks :-)

The Lady of the Holler said...

Hey Jude -- nice blog! (Does it count even though I'm not from Runnemede?) :o)