Monday, September 7, 2009

Revolving door

It seems like the past couple of weeks my front door has been a revolving door. Guests in and out on almost a daily basis. Guests as in family and non-family members. I have loved every minute of it. But I have hated the "next day" results.

Alan keeps telling me to leave the house dirty between the times when my home-cleaner comes to clean for me. I can't do that if I have guests or family coming. So I bend, almost kneel, stretch, and am on my feet for more time than my body cares to endure, and then I suffer because of it.

Yesterday is a case in point. I really did very little to prepare my house for our latest house guests. I cleaned the bathrooms and that was about it. The usually kitchen clean-up followed, of course. And I did have to vacuum. But I didn't really clean well, and I had told my friends that the place would be dirty and not to look. They didn't.

Today, is another day of toil and fun. The community Labor Day events will be thoroughly enjoyed, and tomorrow will be another day of post-toil/enjoyment discomfort. I know this sounds like gloom and doom, but I know what will happen.

Tomorrow evening our cottage prayer group starts up again after a one-month vacation break. I'm really looking forward to it. I miss it so much when we don't have it. My body will have recouped by tomorrow night, so I'll be good to go.

Wednesday is hair cuts (mine and Alan's) day, then we'll head out to do some food shopping. My personal shopper can't make it this week and I'm low on lots of stuff, so I'll head over to the produce market and stock up on what I'm missing, mainly bread, milk, and fresh veggies and fruits, that I can't get at the farmer's market. Speaking of which: I noticed that the peaches are finished, but apples and sweet potatoes are in "full bloom" so to speak. Tomatoes are getting smaller, but that's okay. I prefer the smaller tomatoes.

I will wait a couple of weeks before I buy apples. Last year I got a peck of delicious apples and they kept well in the fridge until I finished making pies for Thanksgiving. I also got a half-peck of Granny Smiths last year. I went over to Ohio to get the apples. They were so good. If this year's crop is as good as last year, Alan and I will enjoy our "apple a day" for the months leading up to Christmas.

I think I've rambled on enough for today. TTFN

No comments: