Thursday, June 25, 2009

Is that thunder I hear?

I hope so. I just went out to get the mail -- we hadn't gotten it for three days. There was quite a pile waiting for me when I opened the mail box. And boy was it hot and humid out there. By the time I had ridden up to the mail box on my "zoom-zoom" I was dripping.

So, I am hearing some rumblings off in the southwest and am hoping they get this far north and east.

I also hear crackling in the radio, which is another good sign. They say a cold front is supposed to go through. This particular cold front will knock the high temperatures down from 95 to 90 tomorrow, but a lower humidity for just one day.

My one daughter is leaving for Florida tomorrow with her husband and six children. I hope they have two really good weeks at the beach. My other daughter is in Chicago this weekend, enjoying a mini-vacation. My son is looking for a job. Anyone out there willing to help, let me know. He's a computer geek, and that's about all I can say. He's extremely smart and learns very, very quickly. I know this because he graduated from high school when he was 13, and college when he was 18. So that says something, right?

I'm walking better. The TENS unit on my knees seems to be doing something and my back is doing great with the patches.

It always pays to wait before jumping into something the doctor wants you to try if you have any misgivings about it at all. Getting my spinal column jabbed with a needle is not something I want to do and it really is a last resort. Also, getting my spine jabbed will not help my main problem which is my knees. I'm afraid the only thing that will help them is God's healing them. The TENS unit is supposed to stimulate something so that the cartilage grows. I don't get that, but that is what I was told. No deadline given as to when that would happen, so each day I wake up and hope today is the day that the stuff is back in my knees and I can walk pain free.

Alan wanted to know why I'm not losing weight since I don't eat much. Yesterday I had a lettuce only salad with lemon juice and salt as the dressing and then I topped it with half a can of sardines. Not many calories in that meal, but that was it for the day.

OOOOH, the thunder is getting louder!!!!! A very good sign. I guess I'd better quit not and go shut up the lanai/sun porch/enclosed deck. Another rumble. Must get going.

ttfn

No comments: