Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cleaning house

Today I had a special young lady to help me clean the closet where I keep so much of my scrap booking stuff. Stuff is the correct word, because stuff blossoms and gets fluffier and bigger and fatter as time passes.

The closet had been clean out and organized about a year ago, and today, Rachel took everything (almost) out of the closet. The trouble is, it didn't all go back in. Oh, bother, as Pooh would say.

I now have five 50 gallon bins in my office with things in them. They are well organized, I think, but they are out in the open, and I would like to put them away someplace. Unfortunately there are no places in which to put them except maybe under the stairs, but then it would be very difficult for me to access the things in the bins when I need the things.

I think I organized it in a good manner. One bin is solely paper. One is solely tools -- you know choppers, clippers, scissors, punches, pens. One bin is scrap booking magazines, although this bin's contents are available to whomever wants to go through it and take some or all of what's in it. One bin has give aways. You know, those things that Creative Memories consultants have in their bags to give away as drawing gifts and gifts to hostesses. I have more of those than I know what to do with because mostly I don't do parties, I do teaching sessions on my own with neighbors and friends or at my own house, and I can't give myself a gift. Even using the "guest hostess" trick, I'm still overrun with cute gifts.

So, Stacia, I really need you to come over and help me deplete some of this "stuff". I still have two boxes in the attic with albums and more paper. So you can see there is plenty to be had, I just need someone to come over and help me thin out the stuff.

BTW, Rachel helped a lot with the thinning, but there's still a bunch left.

Jenni, I'm coming your way, any requests?

Amy, I've got the Disney stuff in a large basket for you.

Stephanie, you interested?

Lori? I know you love stickers and papers and books. Come visit me, bring the kids. we'll go swimming in my pool.

ttfn

1 comment:

Rose said...

HI Aunt Judi :-)

I am new to scrapbooking, but have a tote full of pictures that need to go into scrapbooks. I have a tote that can be used for any of the stuff you want to thin out. Have you decided when you are coming down? I want to see you this time whether you bring the scrapbook stuff or not. Hopefully it won't be raining on us this time. :-)
I LOVE YOU!!!!!