Monday, June 8, 2009

Doin' okay.

I'm visiting my daughter Becky. Everyone is getting ready to go camping. Not my cuppa tea. I'll stay here at the house, thank you very much!

I'm doing okay after the fall, except my knees still hurt pretty bad; but, then, that's a fact of life at this point of my life.

I was able to drive with minimal discomfort. I just hate people who drive at 40 mph when the speed limit is 60 mph, though. Why do people do that? I was able to pass one of these slow pokes and she (yes it was a woman, mid-40s maybe) and she was just driving along, probably listening to something on her car radio. She definitely was NOT talking on a cell phone -- the usual indicator of a pokey person.

Then I came up on a truck, and I knew I didn't have a chance to pass that vehicle the rest of the way to North Vernon, IN. So, I just had to veg for a while and go slower than I like. I mean, if the speed limit is 60 then I want to go 60. If the speed limit is 45, which it is in a few of the towns along the way, I slow down to comply with the towns' regulations. I understand the need for driving slow in some areas, but in the wide open spaces of southern Indiana, where you can see from one side of the state to the other? No, I want to let the car rip and go at the speed limit -- or should I say go at LEAST 60 mph. ;)

ttfn

No comments: