Friday, June 5, 2009

Fell again. Please laugh with me about this.

What is it with me a falling down?

Yes, I fell again. I knew my foot was numb, but didn’t think the whole leg was, and when I got up, the walker moved and I fell forward. Alan got in here (my office) to help me in record time. Wow! Just goes to prove he can move if he has to, I guess. Anyway, pray for me. My good knee – which isn’t that good – now hurts like you know what. How does a person with no knees walk? Very slowly!

Alan and I got to laughing so hard when I was trying to get up and he was trying to help me.

I remember when my mother fell off her bed in her last days, she just sort of slid onto the floor. She weighed only about 70 pounds, and my sister-in-law and I couldn't get her up off the floor. Well, the more we tried toget her up, the more we laughed, until we were laughing so hard, we almost wet our pants.

At least it was laughable. It could have been worse. Of course, now I’ll have more aches, tomorrow, in places I didn’t know I had. Getting old is so much fun!!!! NOT!

I had to scoot across the floor on my bottom to the edge of the daybed, and then had to remember how I turn over in bed using the headboard (or side of the day bed in this case) to maneuver me around. Thinking is not my strong suit when I'm on the floor, because panic sets in and I can't remember even my name. I see myself living on the floor for the rest of my life.

But, I did it, with much pain in my good knee ensuing. God is good. It could have been much worse.

Now, is Alan not going to let me in my office because I fell down in there. He won't let me near the stairs because I fell down them at Christmas time. Soon I'll be banned from the whole house!!!!!

ttfn

2 comments:

Rose said...

What is it with us and falling? I about got banned from my office for falling in here on Sunday. My heel got caught in the hem of my dress and I took out the Total Gym and a set of windchimes with my head. So, now the Total Gym is put up and off limits, but at least I'm not banned from the office like I am from the basement. (blush)
We seem to coordinate our falls to within a week from eachother- but this time my mother-in-law was not part of the club. She fell on her stairs the last time you and I took tumbles. heehee- kinship :-)

I love you!

The Lady of the Holler said...

Laughing *with* you, not *at* you. :o) Glad you're ok!