Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Never Again

Well, after a horrible lunch date -- not the company, it was the food -- Alan and I are never going to Frisch's again. I ordered a patty melt (hamburger with Swiss cheese on Texas Toast) and onion rings as well as a sweet tea. I received a sandwich that was dry as sawdust and tasted much as I imagine sawdust would taste. It was horrible. No flavor, no salt in either the bread or on the hamburger. Just awful. The onion rings were even worse. They tasted like cardboard and looked like brown cardboard as well. Horrible. Why did we go there? Well, in the past, we have enjoyed eating at Frisch's. Of course, we haven't been there for probably four or five years. And now we will never go back. I guess they are watching my weight for me. The onion rings were NOT fried, they were baked, no fat at all. Absolutely awful. The sandwich toast was not buttered at all, it wasn't seasoned at all, and the hamburger wasn't seasoned either. I didn't finish either the rings or the sandwich. Yes, they have salt on the table. That's not the point. They should serve the food ready to eat, flavorful, as it used to be. The onion rings wouldn't event accept salt they were so dry the salt just sloughed off them. And the worse offense was that I had ordered sweet tea and they gave me unsweetened tea. I took a large swig and nearly choked. I don't like unsweetened tea, either hot or cold. Bye-bye Frisch's. (AKA Big Boy) ttfn

No comments: