Saturday, March 26, 2011

New BLOG

I decided to start a new BLOG. Thinking about it kept me awake all last night. And last night was not a good night to go without sleep since I had a rather extensive eye exam today.

But the idea kept swirling in my mind so I took the plunge and began a BLOG about Alan's cancer, treatment, and well-being (and not-so-well-being) for the last 12 years.

Why am I doing this since I have to glean my remembrances from all the e-mails that went between me and the doctors and nurses where Alan received his various treatments?

I had posted a record of my early life and my parents' lives and my grandparents' lives as far as I knew about them. I wanted my children and grandchildren to know where they came from.

I was unable to do anything like that for Alan's family because frankly he's been rather closed mouth about his family, and since he spent most of his early life on the mission field with his parents, he really doesn't know much about his other family members.

And I wanted my children and grandchildren to have a written record of their fathers'/grandfathers' struggle to conquer as much as possible bone marrow cancer, aka, multiple myeloma (MM).

The link to that new BLOG is http://www.mmmyhusbandandme.blogspot.com/. This is really written for the family, but anyone who has family that has MM might want to read this for encouragement, since Alan has been alive for 12 years since first diagnosed.

The BLOG will address the treatments, our feelings , both good and bad, and the comfort received from the support group at UAMS (University of Arkansas Medical Sciences) where Alan received his treatment, and the results.

I intend to add humor to this BLOG; not to make light of any of the situations, but to add levity to the BLOG.

So, if you're interested, go ahead and read it. If not, that's okay. I'm really writing it for the children and grandchildren.

ttfn

No comments: