Thursday, March 10, 2011

Snowing, again

After days and days of rain, river floods, and bad arthritic days, we now are having "snow showers". It looks pretty white out there, but since it's late in the night, I can't get a good picture, and I'm sure by the time the sun doesn't come out tomorrow, the snow will be all gone, so I will have no proof that we do, in fact, have snow out there.

My dishwasher is still sitting in the living room, uninstalled. When they removed the old dishwasher, they found lots of wet floor board and dry wall, so I had to dry the space out with a fan. We also found lots of mold, which they will remove before the install the dishwasher.

It's a nice washer. Inside it's stainless steel, not that plastic stuff that sucks in any oil/butter/grease spores and makes the whole insides of the dishwasher tacky. I didn't like that about my old washer, which was replaced not because it wasn't getting the dishes clean, but because it was leaking all over my floor, and even caused several of the new tiles to bulge.

Oh, did I mention it's a Kitchenaid -- white on the outside, not stainless, because I have white cabinets and my other appliances are white. Also, stainless, my cleaning person told me, is very hard to keep clean. She says, she cleans up stainless kitchens, the kids come home from school, and it looks like she didn't do her job. I love the look, but hate the work. So, white it is.

We have had such a busy week. And tomorrow night (Friday) my granddaughter Rosie will be strutting her stuff in a musical play at the elementary school she attends -- next year is middle school for her. Can't wait to see her. She's a very good singer and actress, so I'm sure she'll do well. Hope the video part of my camera works so I can post it in a future TFLS.

Next week is doctors, doctors, doctors. Yippee. And, hopefully, we'll both get our hair trimmed and my highlights touched up, if I can fit it in between doctors and swimming.

So much for this week's episode. When did I go from daily to weekly? It just happened.

Who ever said retirement was a time to lay back and relax? Re-TIRED - ment is what I call it. I never seem to be able to sleep in, get a nap in, or finish a book in a day, like I'd like to do -- at least one of those (in)activities.

ttfn

No comments: