Friday, March 25, 2011

Getting ready

Getting ready to go on a trip is very time consuming. Maybe it's my age, but it seems to be taking me so much longer to get ready for our next trip (cruise) than it usually does.

Alan is not so sure I'm going to be able to handle it. For our last four cruises, he has been the one who has either almost not made it, or if we did make it on board, he got sick or worse. So, as far as my being unable to handle a cruise which I've been looking forward to for 8 years or more, I SHALL be able to handle it, even if I'm on a gurney, I'll be able to handle it!

Back to the preparation: So much to do, and because I only gave us a month to get ready for this cruise, I guess I have to get the work completed in a much shorter time frame. I also have to get all the paperwork in for my high school reunion finished this week, including making all the reservations for that trip.

I have my house sitter all booked for the two weeks (week on cruise, week at reunion) and that's about all I have completed.

It used to be that the cruise lines would send you tickets, like the airlines used to do. Now it's all done via computer, including luggage tags, and boarding passes, etc. So, that's what I've been working on, including our wheelchair requirements as well as our scooter requirements.

Our new scooter meets the ship's requirements for width so I'm sure Alan and I will be fighting over who gets to use the scooter and since I was the one that wanted a scooter for the cruise, I'll be the one with the best reason to use the thing.

I went to the doctor and she recommended I see an orthopedist for my knees (again), but I won't be able to do that before our trip. I also made an appointment with the eye doctor so I will be able to see on our trip. My eyes are terrible, and for two years I've been saying I need to get new glasses. Why have I put it off? It's so expensive, that's why.

I supposed based on our income level percentage-wise it really isn't that expensive, it just seems it is because I'm still think 1960 prices. Glasses back then cost $50 and exams were included in the cost of the glasses. Now the exam costs $87.00 and glasses are $250 and up, at least they were two years ago when Alan got new glasses.

So, we're off and running. Alan is hurrying to get the tax report for 2010 finished. I'm scurrying to make hotel arrangements for our trip going and coming to the port. But in a few weeks I'll be enjoying the pink beaches of Bermuda. Back again after 47 years. Can't wait.

ttfn

1 comment:

The Lady of the Holler said...

Don't get lost in the triangle! Hope you have a GREAT time! :o)