Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What day is it?

I woke up at 6:45. I thought it was a.m. and thought I had had a stroke because I couldn't remember at all going to bed, what we had for dinner last night, or what I had watched on TV, let alone what day it was. The sun was going DOWN not coming UP -- there's where the confusion was. After about five minutes of worrying whether I could speak to call Alan, I figured it out. It was still Tuesday, not Wednesday. I could smell the pot roast and knew I had dinner almost ready. Bad thing to fall asleep after four in the afternoon.

Now, this not knowing what day it is or what time (a.m. or p.m.?) it is started last night. I was watching TV (in bed) and can't even remember what I was watching, but I think it was "Pickers." Anyway, I woke up at 1:50 a.m. and realized that Alan had turned off the TV and the bedroom light and I had slept through the whole thing, including his night-time ablutions, which I must saying aren't that quiet.

I did fall back to sleep until 7:30 a.m. and then Alan told me what had happened last night. My falling asleep during a TV program is not all that unusual. What is unusual is that Alan turned off the TV and was quiet enough that I didn't wake up when he was getting ready for bed.

Right now, he's snoring away in his recliner -- well, my recliner that he has absconded -- and the TV is still working. I did wake him several minutes ago, but apparently, I didn't quite get thought the haze of sleep for him to understand that he needed to get into bed, and not not watch TV. Yes, there are two NOT(s) there -- a double negative. I didn't know how else to express what I needed to say.

So, that was my day. We didn't go to the gym today, Alan wasn't feeling like it. I was. Three days and counting of no pain in my knees. Our small group prayed for me last week. Prayed that my knees and hips would heal up. So I've been pain free (no drugs either) for three days. Praise God! Tomorrow I plan to go swimming. After trying the bicycle at the gym the last time we were there (Monday, a no-pain day) and thinking I was going to cry from the pain, I'll be happy to get back into the pool.

In case there is anyone wondering why I didn't go in the pool on Monday, instead of trying the bike, well, the heater was broken and I didn't feel like swimming in a cold-water pool. I'm trying to avoid cold. Cold hurts.

ttfn

No comments: