Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snow fixation

I know people think I have a snow fixation. Just because I love seasonal snowmen figures, either stuffed or glass or wooden (not plastic, please) or because I love snow showers and yes, even love deep snow that stops all traffic for days, doesn't mean I have a snow fixation, does it?

Tomorrow, they say, we will be getting more snow showers. Yesterdays bluster provided us with a nice dusting. I love those dustings. It looks like it snowed, but it doesn't stop any traffic -- you see I feel sorry for those folks that don't like snow because of what it does to their drive time. I hope the prognosticators are correct again -- that would be three for three, dare I hope? -- and we get the predicted amount -- 3 inches at least. I think that would be so pretty, especially this time of year.

In my next BLOG, or maybe I'll edit this one tomorrow, I'll post pictures of our community at night. The landscape committee did an outstanding job this year and the view from my sun porch is so pretty. The views, of necessity, will have to be at night. Although, I do get a fine view of the club house and the day decorations are quite nice as well.

My decorations are still not all up. I do a little each day. But now, I'm throwing myself into getting everything wrapped, the candy bags made up for the grandchildren, the money jar ready, and making sure I have ordered all those on-line gifts that a person who can't walk has to order. I wonder how did people who didn't have access to the Internet get those gifts for their grandchildren. Oh, yeah, I remember, they just gave them cash.

I really prefer giving cash, because I hate to give something that a child wouldn't like, but what does a two-year-old do with a $20 bill? You see the problem? I have several "younger" grandchildren who still enjoy toys, so I call my children every year to find out what I should get their child(ren). I tell them how much I can spend, they tell me what their child would want.

Tonight I asked my dear DIL what she thought her youngest daughter would want. She said a make-up kit. Well, I know that Rachel (my granddaughter) would love that, but I can get that at the dollar store for under $5. So I told my DIL that I was thinking of spending a little more money than what it would cost me to get the make up stuff.

Macy's is having a great sale on children's clothing now through Dec. 8. I have an extra 25 percent-off card. I'm thinking of risking my life and going to Macy's tomorrow to pick up some clothes for the little girls who like pretty dresses that are on my list.

Pray for me. I'm not joking about that. I am so afraid I'll fall or get pushed and then fall that I really don't want to go to Macy's, but I do love their clothing bargains.

Today I rested all day. I'm feeling great tonight, so hopefully that will spill over into tomorrow and the change in weather won't affect my legs and back.

ttfn

1 comment:

Lori said...

Will be praying, Aunt Judi!