Saturday, December 4, 2010

SNOW!

This is a picture from my "snow" (sun) porch just before it got dark and it was just starting to snow heavily.
You can see the snow coming down. This is a view of our swimming pool.

Unfortunately, you can't see the blue lights that line the "memory" walk. This is a little area we have set aside for to remember those who have passed on. Their names are engraved in the bricks of this little patio. The light is in the middle. And you can see the snow coming down.


Well, we did get snow. We didn't get as much as they said, though. Not too happy about that. We have probably an inch on most surfaces. The streets are just wet (and icy?). I don't know about the icy because I haven't been out, but if the temperature is hovering around 30 degrees, and getting ready to fall, I guess the water will freeze sometime during the night.

I got up early this morning, just as the sun was supposed to be shining in my window, and there was snow on the roofs and cars. The second day in a row. Yipee! But it wasn't really snowing hard, like it was supposed to be doing, and as radar was showing that it was. So, I got my coffee -- yes, I'm back on coffee again, since my stomach seems to be tolerating it -- And promptly fell asleep while I was waiting for my meds to take effect. I usually just read for about an hour before I get moving.

So, since I fell asleep in my "reading" chair, I went back to bed. Got up at 1:30. How slovenly is that? Retirement -- you've got to love it!

My neighbor downstairs (Teresa) called and she is having breathing and coughing problems. I'm on "alert" in case I have to take her to the ER. She dropped the phone while she was talking to me, and I thought she fell. I was all set to "run" downstairs and get her some help. Well, she didn't fall, she just said she was so weak that the phone fell from her hands.
Monday is our annual Christmas luncheon here at Chardonnay. And I'm looking forward to it, again. We always have such a good time. Although, each year the group gets smaller and smaller because of those who have passed on.

So, I'm going to go take those snow pictures now, and then get the evening shots in about an hour. I'll be back. As you can see I posted the pictures. Snow..I love it.

ttfn

No comments: