Monday, December 20, 2010

Do you see what I see?








These are pictures of some of the interior of my condo. The bottom tree is what I fondly call my "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree." It's six feet tall, straggly, and has very little greenery on it, but I love it. It's mostly decorations, it's loaded with them. And the best thing about it, is that it's a pop-up tree, pre-lit, so I only have to "open the umbrella" each year and put the various decorations on it.
The tree next to the bottom one is the tree which is in my office and faces the street. It, too, is a six footer, pre-lit, umbrella. A little fuller than the Charlie Brown one.
The piano is lit under the angel hair and covered with little angels, which were mostly my mother's collection. I'm not an angel collector, but sometimes people give me angels and they get put on the piano. That's where my mom always put them surrounded with greens and when the little lights became available, she'd put a string of the little lights under the greens so they'd show through and hide the wires.
And then, there is a view of about 1/4 of my snowmen. I'm up to 131 now, not including those that are hung on the various trees. Most of the collection is in the sunroom.
I didn't take a picture of the three, three-foot trees. I'm bummed about them. I changed all the light strings last year, and this year only one tree is lit. I suppose they are now making lights to only last one year and then they break. I have a green garland which has lights running through it, it's over 10 years old, and the lights are still working on it. So, I know they can do it -- make lights that last more than a year. My tall glass jar filled with Christmas balls and lights also has a light string in it that is at least 5 years old.
I didn't buy any new lights this year. I have plenty in the storage room under the stairs. Just too lazy to get them out at this late date. Maybe next year.
TTFN

No comments: