Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another birthday

Adam is in the middle. He is surrounded by his cousin, Strephan, and his brother, Jonah. This was taken Christmas 2007.


Well, two more birthdays, actually. My oldest daughter, Becky, had a birthday on June 30 and I didn't mention it last post. It wasn't that I forgot it, I didn't. She got her gift via US Mail via Target. She'll like that. The orders are that she MUST spend it on herself, not her children, not her husband, not her house. Herself.




And today is the "another" birthday. It's Adam's birthday today. (picture posted)




Adam has always been quiet and introspective, at least that's how I see him. But I have also seem him vibrant, alive, and noisy. When he was little he would frown a lot, then smile at you. And he has such a nice smile.




People tell me he looks like his grandfather, Alan. I think he looks like his grandfather, Ray. Doesn't matter, he's cute not matter whom he resembles. He's got such pretty eyes. And when he grins the smile reaches all the way to his eyes.




Today he's in Florida enjoying another day at the beach. All his birthday gifts from his family were taken with them and hidden until he could enjoy them today, but I think he actually got to unwrap them yesterday because it was raining, and a rainy day at the beach isn't too much fun. So unwrapping lots of toys must have been a blast for my dear Adam.




How old is he? Well......I'm not sure, but I think he's 9 years old. I know he was a baby when I had a stroke back in 2001 -- almost one year old. I know this because when I had that stroke I didn't recall that Cyndi had birthed another child, name Adam. But when I did remember, I was glad because I really do like Adam a lot.




He hugs me goodbye without being prompted to do that. I wonder how long that action will last. Hopefully the rest of my life. He knows to hug gently because of the fibromyalgia, but that's okay. A hug is a hug, and gentle ones are the best for me.




Happy birthday Adam (and past-due to Becky).




ttfn

No comments: