Monday, July 13, 2009

I missed you

Isn't it great to be gone for 6 days and return home and the first words you hear are "I missed you, honey." I nearly dropped dead from shock when my dear husband called me honey, and then added before that he missed me. I missed him, too. Really I did. I wouldn't have called him every day if I hadn't. The first time I typed this I typed "dead husband" instead of "dear husband." I couldn't stop laughing, and Alan laughed as well.

While I was gone he got into a little bit of trouble. I called on Saturday and the first thing he said to me was that he had painted the garage floor. I told him that was nice because I knew exactly what had happened. He knocked over a can of paint -- paint which I've been after him to get rid of for several years -- and the only way to get it all up was, after pushing it into a dustpan for an hour with a brush, was to spread it out to thin it. I guess it didn't occur to him that it was water based paint and he could have borrowed a hose from someone and washed it out of the garage into the sewer down at the end of the street. Maybe the neighbors wouldn't have liked that.

So, the floor, or rather part of the floor of our garage is a beautiful shade of taupe to match the stairwell in our home. Me-o-my!

The TastyKakes still haven't arrived. That was the second thing Alan told me. Well, they didn't send them out until today because they didn't want them sitting in a hot truck or warehouse over the weekend. They'll be here on Wednesday. I'm tracking them. Alan doesn't know how to do that.

Let's see, what else.

Well, I had an absolutely marvelous time with my sister, Deb, and then my cousin, Betty. Pictures to follow. I spent a most wonderful afternoon with my niece Jen and her children. What amazing children she has. I can't recall a time when I've enjoyed spending time with teenagers more than I did with her two. Sorry we missed her hubby. We left just before he got home. We did wait, but it was getting late, so we went back to my sister's. We needed to get dinner ready for the men of her house.

I'll post more about my trip and other things when I get some rest. I drove home from Bristol, Tennssee today and it took me longer than I expected. No traffic problems, though, and I thank God for that. Not even a slow down in or near Knoxville, which was a pleasant surprise, and no construction delays along the way, so all-in-all, it was a good trip.

Broccoli wars are going strong. Is there no one out there who likes broccoli? You don't have to love it, just like it. I'm sorry I'm not rich enough to provide T-shirts like the competition, nor do I have the mobility to get to a store to get them made up (if I had the money), so you get nothing for admitting that you like broccoli, just my undying gratitude for admitting to the "heinous crime" as my niece, Lori puts it.

ttfn

1 comment:

Amy said...

I like broccoli and I'm proud to admit it!