Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another rainy day

For those of you in Texas, we here in the Ohio Valley have had rain for two days now. I'm told we've had almost 2 inches of rain in that time. Everything is so very green. And what is that I smell? Mold? I certainly hope not.

So, today I'm doing laundry -- I'm washing all the bed spreads. Then, I'll get all of Alan's cloting washed and get him packed for the Isreal My Glory conference he's attending next week.

Yesterday, Alan and I went and had our hair cut. We're now using the same hair stylist. I style Alan's hair, she cuts. She styles and cuts my hair. Her name? Melissa. Melissa is a friend -- long time -- of my daughter, Cyndi's. They've been friends since they were little children, through church. Lissa's mom is my best friend. We homeschooled at the same time. Now, Melissa is doing hair -- has been for years -- but I've just switched to her for a couple of reasons. My former stylist is over in Ohio and I'm at the point where I now am not wanting to go over there to get my hair worked on. Melissa is just up the street, maybe 1/4 mile away. I could, if I had to, use the scooter to go to her shop. Also, Melissa knows our physical situation and is able to come to the house if necessary to cut our hair.

So, I went and had my hair cut and styled yesterday. Since it was a slow day for Lissa (she calls me Mrs. H and I call her Lissa) having had three people cancel on her, she wondered if I minded if she played around with my hair. I said, I really didn't care. At this point I don't care what my hair looks like just so it looks like I ran a comb through it. Well, she decided to straighten it using one of those straightening thingys. Wow! I've never in my 66 years had straight hair. My hair was so straight. I looked at it, swung it because it's long now, and it was a whole inch longer than when it's curly, and I have to say it took some getting used to.

Short story -- I didn't get used to it. Today when I washed it, I didn't straighten it again, I let it go natural, which is curly. The cut is a good one because the front is curly enough so that if I pull the back part into a pony tail or put it in a bun it looks like I have a short hair cut -- the way it had looked for about 30 years. This long hair is new for me. I think I've just about had it with the longer length, though.

My sister can have long hair and it looks great on her. I have long hair and it looks like I'm wearing an ill-fitting wig! What can I say?

ttfn

1 comment:

Rose said...

OOh! The IMG conference sounds wonderful! Are you going, too?
And I thought you looked pretty with longer hair.
I came clean about liking broccoli, but did not join the fan club. ;-)
Have a GREAT weekend.Love you xoxoxo