Monday, July 27, 2009

My brother

My brother is strange. There's no other way to put it. I love my brother very much, but he is strange. I guess he is emulating his father, who is also my father. The older he gets the more like my idiosyncratic father he becomes.



He is in pain today. His sciatic nerve is acting up. What is it with us Drexler kids? We all have this sciatic nerve problem. He's hobbling so badly today, poor guy. He even canceled a golf date he had for tomorrow. Believe me, I know how awful he is feeling. I pray it clears up.



We're in Indiana today visiting with him and his wife, Sue. Sue is so sweet, like my mom. Maybe that's why we all agree that my father liked her best. He could always hear Sue -- he could never hear us unless we shouted. But I think that was all a ploy to irritate us. He was such a curmudgeon. He definitely had "selective" hearing. He play that game with my mother, either. Just me and his grandchildren.



So, we're here in Indiana and Mark had to go over to the church to do something, even though Monday is supposed to be his day off. I wonder if he would be doing as much as he does if he didn't live 10 feet from the front door of the church. The parsonage is almost attached via the patio. I mean it's down the ramp and into the church. Maybe I should take a picture. Nah! Too much trouble.



So, we're just vegging (me and Sue), Alan is asleep in a recliner, worn out from the morning session of the Israel My Glory conference he attended. I checked his chest is going up and down so I know he's alive, I just can't seem to wake him up, so I'll let him sleep.



That's about it from my part of the world. I drove up here with no problems, and except for lack of sleep, I'm fine.



I'll try to report in again before we get back home.



ttfn

1 comment:

Rose said...

Please give Uncle Mark and Aunt Sue big hugs and love from all of us. I hope you have a wonderful time! did you smuggle any broccoli in?
LOL
Love you!!