Thursday, March 12, 2009

Um....

The fat lady is getting thinner. So far our "diet" has netted us 10 pounds each weight loss. What are we doing? Just eating less, much less. I monitor Alan's intake very closely, and he's being very good about not sneaking any candy or snacks, other than the fruit I allow him to eat.

Do I feel better? Not so much. But my slacks nearly fell down yesterday and I suppose that should make me feel really good, if not embarrassed.

I decided that when we travel later this spring that I will wear mostly dresses. So, I bought four dresses -- all the same design, just different colors. I know they fit well and look as well as they can on a dumpy person such as I.

I really am getting excited about the next trip, but I also am guarded about whether we will actually go. And this time, it will be me that cancels, not Alan. He's doing so well lately. At least he doesn't complain and let me know he's not doing well, so I assume he's okay. I just plain hurt and the flare-ups seem to be getting more frequent and more painful, or I'm just tired of the pain, I don't know. I try not to think about it, and try to find things to do that don't require movement, like reading in bed, working on the computer -- I only use my fingers, resting my arms on the desk -- so that's pretty sedentary.

Granted I have several DAILY exertions that have to be done or I'd go nuts -- like making the bed, cleaning the bathroom, cooking dinner, making Alan's lunch, doing laundry. I try to do as little as I can when I'm in pain mode, which seems to give me a few days of clear sailing in between events. The angst is that I never know when I'm going to be "good" so I can't plan anything. Do you know what that's like for a person who is organized and needs to have things go according to plan? My mind doesn't handle that well.

Well, for the good news -- Cyndi is going to have her baby by Monday or it will be induced, even though it's early. She's starting to dilate and the doctor is concerned that because her labors are so short she might not make it this time (she? doctor or Cyndi?). I would hate for Cyndi to have to be induced because it hurts much more (if that's possible) than regular labor. Cyndi will get an epi as soon as she gets to the hospital, and I guess that's where there might not be time. Last time the epi barely took effect before Ellie was born. And when Jonah was born, Becky and I went down to the cafeteria to get a cup of coffee because we thought there would be time, and when we came back upstairs Jonah was almost born -- we almost missed it.

Not going to the hospital for the birth this time, which is fine with Cyndi. I thing she wants it to be just her and Shandon this time. Not a problem for me. I'll see Jack shortly after he arrives.

ttfn

1 comment:

Lori said...

Can't wait to hear how the delivery goes!!! And, of course to see pics. Let Cyndi know we'll be praying for her and little Jack on Monday. :-)